Sunday, July 29, 2012

return to the land of the living.



















Yes. I know. It has been a while. Let's just say July just kind of ran right by without so much as a quick stop to say hello to me!

David and I have both been busy, busy, busy with work and school.

For the Fourth of July, we went backpacking in the Uintas! It was beautiful and awesome until David got very sick and we had to go home after only 2 days. :( But we enjoyed many movies and herbal teas while he recovered. It was still a very nice vacation.

One week after the 4th was David's birthday! David turned 25, so it was a big deal. We went to Goodwood BBQ, spent birthday money on SO MANY new games to play, opened presents, ate angel-food cake with strawberries (which he has done every year since almost forever), and played all our new games. He said it was a very good birthday!

Other than that, the two weeks since his birthday sort of flashed by us. Between his tests and my time-sensitive research, it was suddenly two weeks later! So. July happened, apparently.

Oh and we found the cutest little kitten! His name is Fitzwilliam Darcy III (I and II being Colin Firth and whoever the guy in the Keira Knightley version is). We call him Fitz. We aren't sure how old he is but we think between 9 and 11 weeks. We love him. :)

Also I framed our wedding invitation.

Other than that, I am appalled and slightly offended that school is starting in a mere 29 days. This summer has been so nice and lazy, but with some fun new adventures like Europe and backpacking and kittens. Way back in May, when I got back from tour, three months seemed like such a looooooong time. And June went on forever, too. But once I got that job, everything kind of sped up. I guess school is coming no matter what! At least it is my last year for forever!!!!!!!....unless I decide to get my Doctorate. But even then, that won't be right away, so at least my last year of school for a long time!!!!!!!

That pretty much catches everything up. Not a lot going on here, as you can tell. Have a happy week!

<3

1 comment:

  1. Fitz is so cute! and I love your official "hiking outfit." Miss you !!!!!

    ReplyDelete